Goal Setting For Healthy 2018
With 2018 right around the corner, many of us will resolve to get in shape in 2018. Here's some pointers to help yo reach your goal
1. Be specific. You can’t work toward a goal if you’re not sure what it is. Make it clear exactly what you plan to do.
2. Be realistic. Don’t plan to run the Boston marathon if you’ve never run before. Realistic goals means achievable goals
3. Challenge yourself. Select something you’re about 85% sure you can do. Set the bar a little higher than your normal.
4. Set long- and short-term goals. Short-term goals should lead gradually to your larger, long-term goals.
5. Write your goals down. You can look at them when your motivation sags to remind you where you’re headed. Set deadlines for achievement and don't give up.
6. Develop goal-achievement strategies. For example, if you want to quit smoking, talk to your medical professional, read about the current medications and look into support groups.
7. Consider your personality. Tailor your strategies and tools to your needs, ability level and interests.
8. Develop commitment. This means you stick to your game plan in good times and in bad.
9. Gather support. Surround yourself with enthusiastic, supportive people, even if it means meeting some new people.
10. Evaluate your progress. Constant evaluation keeps setbacks in perspective – when viewed against the bigger picture, these events lose their devastating power. Expect the unexpected -- and make adjustments in response.
I hope you find this useful and it helps 2018 become your BYE year or Best Year Ever!