Energy Saving Tips
Making simple changes can boost your home’s value. To make your home more energy efficient:
1. Lower the thermostat on your water heater.
2. Check for air leaking around doors add sealing strips where necessary
3. Not using a room in your home? Close the air vents to prevent heating and cooling that room.
4. Keep heat producers far from your thermostat in summer.
5. Clean your furnace and air filters.
6. Operate large appliances during low-use periods in summer.
7. Request an energy audit.- Check with your utility company about services offered
8. Replace deficient insulation and inefficient appliances.
9. Buy and install LED light fixtures and bulbs.
10. Look into EEM Mortgages (for benefits when purchasing a home that is energy efficient or can be made efficient by incorporating energy-saving improvements; for more info, contact the US Dept. of Housing and Urban Development).